St Martin-in-the-Fields (Award Winner)
Following a major HLF funding exercise, the church is to undergo an extensive redevelopment contract.
The works involved:
- Lifting & relaying of:
- External paving, including boundary walls.
- Internal paving for installation of services.
- Portico steps.
- Cleaning of church and spire using a combination of DOFF and JOS cleaning systems.
- Restoration of Portland stones facades, including spire and tower.
- Investigation of repair of masonry due to steel corrosion within spire structure.
- Renewal of lead roof, including timber work.
- Restoration of windows.
- Restoration of plaster ceiling to portico.
- Regilding of weathervane.
- Bird control measures.
- Installation of various new stone elements include:
- Granite to the light well and pavilion
- New Portland Stone disabled ramp
- New Portland Stone cantilevered stairs
- New Portland Stone stairs
- Granite sett paving to the base of the light well
- New York Stone stairs to Adelaide Street and Duncannon Street.
- The take down and rebuilding of the Vestry porch with stucco repairs to the North Range building.
Other work in
St Martin in the Fields
- Download pdf